Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Watch out for flying objects!

I have to say the video of President Bush getting shoes hummed at his head is a lil' bit funny. Ok, so I actually found it very funny. As soon as I saw George dodge those shoes I had to wonder if he's had practice at that, because he did one hell of a job moving out the way that fast! Think Laura Bush in all her sweet southerness throws shoes at Georgie? Think she swears at him? I wonder. He must piss her off from time to time.

The shoe throwing reminded me of the early years in my marriage. I didn't know how to fight, I 'd never been married. The only way I knew how to fight was to yell. My dad was a yeller, so I thought I should do that too. Well, yelling didn't work. Crying didn't work ( I married the most unsympathetic man I swear.) So one time he pissed me of bad. I yelled, I swore, I cried...tried everything. For what ever reason I had a head of raw cabbage in my hand. I hummed it at that man's head, and he dodged the flying cabbage nicely. I can still remember what the living room looked like at the time, paneled walls and flowered curtains. I think that image will stay in my head forever. And HE cleaned up the mess, I know I didn't.

It really was not very nice of that man to hum those shoes at Mr. Bush. REALLY...chuckle chuckle. My kids know I dislike W immensely and asked if I was glad that the man did that. I told them in my best mother like voice, "No matter how much we dislike someone, violence is not an option."

But what if W had gotten hit with those size 10 shoes? And what if the man I married had gotten whacked with that head of cabbage? Think it would have smacked any sense into either one of them? Nope. I don't think so either.

5 comments:

Miz Q said...

I will admit to chuckling every.single.time I see the replay of him ducking lol He played it off well I thought, lame 'it was a size 10' comment and all. I guess it could have been an international incident if he'd gotten himself all puffed up and offended. He didn't. He laughed. He made a joke.

Better than most of the other 'jokes' from him, that have been on us all. January 20th can't get here soon enough!

Unknown said...

Cabbage?

DeeX said...

Whole f**king head.

Miz Q said...

So now can you say something like "ok cabbage head" and he knows you'd really like to hit him?? lol

Sam Spade said...

I have to agree with you, this was one of the highlights of 2008 for me. Had the shoe actually connected, it would have been THE highlight of my year!!!!
Question: Can we line up all those folks who voted for Dubbya and heave shoes at them????