Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The beginning of the end has begun.



December. It's already December and the year is almost over. Where did it go? 2008 was supposed to be the year I got myself "together." With the little boy starting first grade, my brood of three were now all in school full time. I was going to be able to look at my walls and floors and see them gleaming from being so clean. I was going to finally be able to sit on the couch and pop bon bon's like I'm supposed to. Only I see more dirt. The walls are now thicker with more crud, and the floors haven't been washed but twice. In the course of 2008 I returned to work after a 14 year absence. Hey Deb from the Edge...wanna swap? You can take my job, oh jobless one, since you offered up your husband! This job thing sucks. It is the second major demise to my hope of ever getting my house clean. (The first demise came 7 and a half years ago when "the boy" was born--he was born a house wrecker)



So I guess I should start thinking about what I can set my 2009 goals for...something that I can actually attain. Dieting? Nope that didn't work, I think I tried that in '97, '98, & '99. The new millennium was surely going to be the year the diet worked. NOPE. Gave that up. 2001 I think I just said "screw it" and didn't give anything up that year (sex included...the boy came along in 2001.) 2002 with the boy being here I gave up cleaning for the next five years. Oh you should see the pictures of this swill pit when he was home 24/7. On the other hand, when I look at those pictures I remember all the joy that little boy brought to my life. I digress, back to setting goals that I can reach. I stopped smoking, reluctantly I stopped swearing (for the most part--I do love a good swear from time to time), and I don't drink (I wish I did tho.)



Wait! I got it....Since I now leave my house (kicking and screaming) every day, maybe I should resume shaving my legs in the winter. I could get in an accident you know. Sometimes I think to myself "if today is the day they have to cut my pants off those rescue workers are gonna get a good laugh at my lazy ass expense." My son asked his father what that razor was doing in the way up on the tip top shelf in the shower. Man I married said "It's mom's she uses it on her legs." The little boy says "No she doesn't. Have you seen her legs Dad? They are just as hairy as yours." My sweet sweet boy. It's official. 2009 will be the year of the razor! Until then I will keep the leg hair braided.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It could be the year of the blog too!

Debz said...

You don't mean for all of us right? I don't have to shave my legs in the winter, that's just you. Right? RIGHT??!!!!

I will gladly swap places with you, but you have to come here and I will go there. Oh and did I mention that I go back to work in January? You'll love it, it's just like being home, but I get paid.

Let me know when you want me to email pics of the hubby so you can make the final decision. No little kids here so no dirty house to clean. But I need to see the shambles your house is in before I decide. Then we'll call the lawyers and get the contract drawn up (lol).

Susan said...

I know a lawyer lolll
He hates it when I volunteer him, tho lol